Monday, December 7, 2020

Listening

  The ability to listen is very important to me.  I wish to hear with clarity, lack of bias and free of the concerns of self image or self in general.  I want to be sensitive to whatever the Universe has to tell me, whether the source be God, spirits or something else in the ether around me.  This morning I began thinking of listening and the fact that I listen with more clarity if I am lean and a bit hungry, rather than full and overweight.  That thought and listening led me to this entry in my journal.  The point I am led to is that listening requires discipline.  “To undertake to live a discerned life, to endeavor daily to be attuned to authentic movements of the Spirit leading us into greater fullness of life, is a strenuous undertaking.” ( Patricia Loring)